Management Accounting is primarily concerned with the requirements of the management. It
involves application of appropriate techniques and concepts, which help management in establishing
a plan for reasonable economic objective. It helps in making rational decisions for accomplishment of
- To make students learn the tools and techniques of management accounting for the decision making.
- To make students learn to apply management accounting theories and practices to the management decision-making process and policy formulation.
- To make students understand the importance of management accounting concepts in the management decisions for the fulfillment of overall objectives of an organisation.
- S P Gupta, Management Accounting, Sahityabhavan, Agra
- Pillai R S N and Bagavathi- Management Accounting- S Chand & Company
- Management Accountant (Journal), Institute of Cost Accountants of India, Kolkata.
- J Madegowda, Advanced Management Accounting, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai
Module 1- Activity Based Costing
Module 2- Marginal Costing and its application
Module 3- Pricing Concepts and Decisions
Module 4- Standard Costing
Module 5- Transfer Pricing