ENGLISH FOR CAREERS
• To make the students competent in their job-seeking, job-getting, and job-holding needs.
• The course shall cater to equipping the students in Comprehensive Language Enhancement.
On completion of the course, the students should be able:
• To develop communicative skills, which will enable them to prepare for a career and function effectively in it.
• To equip themselves in oral and written communication to enhance their academic and professional use of language.
• To train themselves in making effective presentations.
Module 1 [Oral and Written Skills for Jobs and Careers] (18 hours)
a. Applying for jobs—Preparing Resumes—Writing Cover letters.
b. Preparing for interviews—Taking Interviews—Post-Interview follow-up-Promotion
d. Group Discussions
Module 2 [Correctness of Language Usage] (18 hours)
a. Common errors in communication and how to avoid them.
b. Some Notions—Conventional and idiomatic expressions.
c. Today ‘s Vocabulary
d. Grammar for Grown-ups
Module 3 [Facing People] (18 hours)
a. Structuring and delivering a presentation.
b. Communication in the Management context.
c. Importance of Words/Language.
d. Horizontal and Democratic Communication.
Module 4 [Keeping the Job] (18 hours)
a. Human relationships in academic and professional life.
b. Front Office Management and Keeping public relations (Telephone Skills)
c. Soft Skills for Team Building.
d. Keeping the Job—Professional Ethics
e. Managing Multiple Roles- Healthy Balancing of family and career.