This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process. This course will also give students the opportunity to explore their global career path, while building their vocabulary and improving language skills to achieve professional goals. Comprising of 4 modules, the first module focuses on the oral and written skills for jobs and careers and the second module deals with the correctness of language usage. The third module provides students with both theoretical and practical expertise in facing people and improving their communication as well as presentation skills. The final module focuses on the development of the skills required to maintain a healthy professional relationship in the respective job fields.
On completion of the course, the students should be able:
1. To develop communicative skills, which will enable them to prepare for a career and
function effectively in it.
2. To equip themselves in oral and written communication to enhance their academic and
professional use of language.
3. To train themselves in making effective presentations.
1. Samson et al. English for Life – 4. New Delhi: Cambridge UP.
2. Vasudev, Murthy. Effective Proposal Writing. New Delhi: Response, 2006.
3. Towards Academic English: Developing Effective Writing Skills. New Delhi: Cambridge
4. Oxford Guide to Effective Writing and Speaking. OUP, 2007.
5. Bhatnagar, R. P. English for Competitive Examinations. New Delhi: Macmillan, 2009.
6. ABC of Common Grammatical Errors. Macmillan, 2009
7. Kaul, Asha. The Effective Presentation. New Delhi: Response
8. Shepherd, Kerry. Presentations at Conferences, Seminars and Meetings. New Delhi:
9. Vilanilam, J. V. More Effective Communication: a Manuel for Professionals. Response
10. English for Career Development. Orient Longman, 2006.
English for Careers. Pearson, 2019