- 0 student
- 0 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 10 week duration
An Environment is everything that is around us, which includes both living and nonliving things such as soil, water, animals, and plants, which adapt themselves to their surroundings. It is nature’s gift that helps in nourishing the life on the earth. Environmental economics is a sub-discipline of economics is primarily concerned with the impact of economic activities on the environment and its implications for the individual firm, industry, and the economy as a whole. Economists have formulated economy-environment models to explain the various economic activities and their external effects. The main objective of environmental economics is to maintain a balance between economic development and environmental quality.
- This course enables the student to acquaint with the basic concepts and issues of our environment.
- It makes a student more insightful about the resources of the environment and its biodiversity.
- To make students learn about the linkage between economics and the environment.
- This course will clearly benefit all those who trying to improve their learning in the environment and its problems and solutions and various aspects of human rights.
After the completion of the course, students will be able to –
- Understand the importance of sustainable development.
- Understand the linkage between economics and the environment.
- Analyze real-world environmental problems and find solutions to overcome them.
- Make the students capable to design eco-friendly products and follow green protocol in every walks of life.
- Agarwal,K.C 2001 Environmental Biology, Nidi Publ. Ltd, Bikaner.
- Bharucha Erach, Text Book of Environmental Studies for undergraduate Courses.University Press, IInd Edition 2013 (TB)
- Brunner.R.C., 1989, Hazardous Waste Incineration, McGraw Hill Inc.480p
- Clark.R.S., Marine Pollution, Clanderson Press Oxford (TB)
- Cunningham, W.P.Cooper, T.H.Gorhani, E & Hepworth, M.T.2001.
- Environmental Encyclopedia, Jaico Publ. House. Mumbai. 1196p
0.00 average based on 0 ratings