Programme: B.Sc. Physics
It has always been a curiosity for human beings to know more about what we are made of and how did the Universe begin. This course is structured in such a way that it deals with the nucleus, its properties, constituents of the nucleus, how they are detected, elementary and exotic particles that make up our Cosmos.
This course is designed to help students know more about nucleus, its properties, different nuclear reactions, particle accelerators and elementary particles.
1. A student who completes this course will get a clear picture of the nucleus and its properties, the different types of nuclear radiation and how it can be detected, various counters, accelerators, nuclear reactions, fission, fusion as well as reactors.
2. The student will also obtain a basic understanding of elementary particles and their classification and classification of stars.
- Introduction- Discovery of nucleus
- Different Types of Nucleus, Nuclear Properties- I
- Nuclear Properties-II, Mass, Energy, Stability of Nucleus
- Nuclear Properties-III, Nuclear Size
- Nuclear Properties-IV & V, Nuclear Spin
- Nuclear Properties -VI, Magnetic Moment of Nucleus
- Nuclear Properties-VII, Nuclear Forces, Semi empirical mass formula- Part I
- Semi empirical mass formula-Part II
- Mass Parabola
- Liquid Drop Model
- Magic Numbers, Indication of nuclear energy levels
- Shell Model Part-I
- Shell Model Part-II, Meson theory of nuclear forces
Detectors of Nuclear Radiations