Programme: M.Sc. Physics
This course is structured in such a way that it gives a deep understanding about the nucleus, its properties, constituents of the nucleus, how they are detected, properties of nuclear forces, nuclear models, radioactivity and various nuclear reactions.
Students are expected to get a clear idea about various theoretical predictions and some very precise experiments that has led to breakthrough discoveries about the nucleus.
Nuclear Properties and Force between Nucleons
- Nuclear Density
- K- X ray Isotope shift method
- Nuclear Binding Energy, Semi Empirical Mass Formula Part I
- Nuclear Binding Energy, Semi Empirical Mass Formula Part II
- Stable Configuration for nuclei
- Nuclear Spin
- Electric Quadrupole moment and Parity
- Spin and Parity, Magnetic moment and Electric Quadrupole moment of Deuteron
- Spin dependence of Nuclear Forces- Evidences from the study of the Deuteron
- Nucleon-Nucleon Scattering, Part I
- Nucleon-Nucleon Scattering, Part II; Exchange force model
Nuclear Models and Nuclear Decay