- 30 students
- 30 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 12 week duration
Physics in Daily Life
Units and Dimensions
- Reflection and refraction
- diffraction, interference and scattering
- examples from daily life – apparent depth, blue color of sky, twinkling of stars.
- Total internal reflection, mirage
- sparkling of diamond, primary and secondary rainbow – optical fibers.
- Concave and convex mirrors, lenses – focal length, power of a lens, refractive index, prism, dispersion.
- Human eye, defects of the eye – myopia, hypermetropia, presbyopia and astigmatism and their correction by lens.
- Velocity, acceleration and momentum
- Idea of inertia, force – laws of motion.
- Newton’s law of gravitation, acceleration due to gravity
- mass and weight, apparent weight, weightlessness.
- Rotational motion, Moment of inertia, torque
- centripetal and centrifugal acceleration examples- banking of curves, centrifugal pump, roller coasters.
Matter and Energy
- Different phases of matter, fluids – surface tension
- viscosity- capillary rise
- Bernoulli’s theorem and applications.
- Heat energy, temperature, different temperature scales – degree Celsius, Fahrenheit and Kelvin.
- Waves – transverse and longitudinal waves, sound waves, Doppler Effect.
- Lasers, fluorescence, phosphorescence
- electromagnetic waves – applications – microwave oven, radar, super conductivity.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings